If you’re reading this guide, chances are you are either an Entrepreneur or marketing professional who is learning the importance of taking your business online. Now a day without an online presence, it can be hard to compete and grow in the desired market. That is where digital marketing comes in.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term that’s usually used to describe online marketing tactics that exist to digitally connect a company with its audience.
From your website itself to your online branding assets, digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, and beyond, these are all digital marketing tactics and assets that can exist independently of one another.
It’s important to note that the term ‘digital marketing’ doesn’t differentiate between tactics that are designed to attract customers and tactics that are designed to interrupt them by fighting for their attention.
For example, banner ads and pop-ups would be considered a form of digital marketing alongside creating great blog content, but that doesn’t mean ads are a good tactic for attracting your desired audience. In fact, banner ads and pop-ups are likely to turn people off your brand, whereas creating useful or entertaining blog content is likely to attract them.
We hope that these articles will teach you digital marketing tactics that attract customers instead of interrupting them.
We will teach you best practices for the major pillars of digital marketing, including:
- Setting up and optimising your website
- Creating a digital content strategy
- Promoting your brand on social media
- Converting website visitors into leads
- Utilising effective paid advertising
- Turning leads into paying customers
- Measuring and improving your marketing
Below we will create a checklist plus tips on how to build your digital marketing strategy so you can grow your brand and your revenue!
We will also link each topic to a more detail page, the reason we do this is that we want to consolidate all information out there into one blog article where you can always come back to check!
- Start With A website: Here are some of the key elements for building a websiteSEO for the Modern AgeOptimising for Mobile
- Create Digital Content To Get Traffic: content content content. I can not push this more into people. The more content the more traffic! And if the content is funny or crazy, you might even go viral!Content is KingBlogging for BusinessWhat Do You Write About?Key Component of a great blog postGenerating leads with bloggingContent for Generating
- Get on Social Media to Increase EngagementFacebook for businessTwitter for businessLinkedIn for businessThe Art of social listing
- Convert Visitors into Leads with Landing PagesFocus on conversionBrainstorminggate content offersCreating Calls-to-action(CTAs) is essentialCreating Compelling landing pages is a most!Test, Measure, Iterate
- Supplement Your Efforts with Paid AdvertisingWhen to use paid Advertising is key to success. Never use all your resources at once, especially if you are a startup
- Nurture Lead into customers with AutomationLearn to build your email listLearn to measure performance
- Measure The Effectiveness of Your MarketingIdentify opportunitiesSet a metric for successRefine Your strategyEvaluate Performance
That is the blueprint for why digital marketing. It might seem impossible and hard to be seen online, but if you stick to it long enough and continue to produce quality educational content you will strive and people will find you! Look to digital marketing as an investment to your business future.