What is influencer marketing?
Simply, influencer marketing is a form of marketing where the focus is placed on influential people ranging from micro influencers (i.e. Instagram models, Youtubers, Bloggers) to major celebrities. Individuals become the force of influence over potential customers and orients marketing activities around these influencers.
Influencers connect with their audiences through daily communication on social media. This creates a deep relationship with the potential buyers. Allowing brands who sponsor influencers to combine their marketing, product sales, and public relations tactics to one department.
Online customer conversations evolve drastically every day. Which is why influencers play such a critical role in breaking past the online clutter and grabbing the attention of potential consumers. Through their daily interactions with their audience, influencers are able to build a strong trusting connection. Consistent interactions allow influencers to create more relevant content as they see fit.
According to Inc.com — businesses generate $6.50 for every $1 invested in influencer marketing.
Since influencer marketing looks less staged than commercials, people respond better to influencers. This allows the general consumer base to relate easily and comfortably to the content. Active social media users familiarize themselves with their influence and choose the same products they use. Leading brands to gain the ability to subtly expand their business.
Why is influencer marketing important?
- Drives awareness to a crowd with a focused audience
- Dependable word of mouth advertising
- Raises interests of experts and consumers
- Closer relationships with potential buyers
- Consistent advertising/reliable promotion of products for brands
Two Influencer Marketing Trends to Follow:
1. Continue evolving with different marketing techniques.
- Platforms like Twitter will depreciate due to the failure to improve their ad platforms
- Meanwhile, Facebook has and will continue to thrive as many marketers invest in their company
2. Potential buyers will prioritize brands and products that focus on consumer information security.
- With many data breaching issues arising today, consumers will lean towards brands who prioritize the safety of their information
- Privacy protection & Data security will be emphasized