Web push notification, browser push notifications, chrome push notifications, web push: whatever you call them, web notifications, a type of message sent through a web browser, are turning websites into even more powerful tools for business owners. If you’ve sent push notifications from an app, you’re probably already aware of the unique opportunity they hold for building real time, in the moment connections with your audience and customers. If you haven’t used push notifications in your marketing, good news because below are the top 10 reasons to start using web notifications today. It’s a big advantage because you get to engage your customers in real-time. You do not have to wait for them to open their favorite social media or their email to see your brands message you can now do it live just like an app!
10 Reasons to Start Using Web Push Notifications
Reach Web Visitors, whether they’re on your website or not.
- The number one reason to have web notification is that unlike any other website communications tool, web push notifications can reach your audiences even when they’re not actively using your website(/blog) and bring them back to your site/blog.
Hook Casual web and mobile web visitors faster.
- Grab the attention of more casual, “top of the funnel” browsers with a web notification. They won’t have to go all in and give you their email address; they can enable push and see what you have to offer in one quick click. Keep the momentum going by requesting permission to keep them up to date with more of what they came for: the latest news, products, releases, etc.
Creating a web notification is way quicker than creating an email.
- Like app push notifications, web push notifications are short and sweet, and quick and easy to send. Good emails require time, crafting high-quality subject lines, writing engaging copy and creating strong images, not to mention finding a slot on your company’s closely-guarded email calendar. With web notifications, you can get information in front of your web visitors fast.
No email address is required.
- You don’t need to collect an email address to communicate with your audience with browser notifications. That’s a massive opportunity to create an ongoing communication channel with anonymous visitors who might never opt-in with email.
Web notifications help you protect your website investments and your customer acquisition spend.
- Chances are, if you have invested in a website, you are focused on acquiring customers on the web. Whether visitors are coming to your site from search or other paid channels, web notifications give you another chance to establish an ongoing connection with a customer or potential customer — another chance to protect your customer acquisition spending.
Encourage and accelerate conversion actions, like first time purchases
- Web notifications can deliver offers, values, and incentives at lightning speed. They’re a tool to help you deliver targeted, personalized messages to opted-in browsers, bringing the value of permission-based, notification-style messaging to websites.
Can be easily managed by marketing and other non-tech teams.
- Once web notifications are up and running on your site, a marketing team can align campaign messaging across all of their channels. In many cases, simply adding web push notifications to a web marketing strategy can increase online conversions because it can deliver real-time relevant messaging. Whether it’s a reminder about items left in an abandoned cart or an update about a transaction completed, data tells us that digital consumers appreciate personalized communication that speaks to their needs.
No Fake Contact info to deal with.
- Because the opt-in process for browser notifications leverages the browser itself as the channel for messages, users won’t be providing fake information when they opt-in. Data integrity for web notifications is extremely high.
Notifications are hard for users to miss.
- Much of the day for most people is spent on a laptop or on a phone using mobile web. Push notifications – whether they’re coming from a mobile app or a website, get priority access to users’ attention. That’s especially true when they’re really good, aka a relevant small piece of valuable information someone can act on quickly and easily.
Companies without apps can now tap into the power of push notifications.
- If you’ve never used push notifications in your marketing mix because you don’t have a mobile app, web notifications give you a way to send push notifications without an app, leveraging the power of notification-style messaging and seeing how it works for you and your customers.
One last tip I can give you, do not use this to spam because this tool will make your brand hated! Don’t be the brand that spams; be the brand that produces valuable and educational content that people are truly interested in!
Tools We Recommend:
One signal Provides a simple interface to push notifications, letting content creators focus on quality user engagement instead of complex implementation.
Fire Push is the most popular push notifications app on Shopify. It allows you to recover abandoned carts, increase sales by up to 30%, and send targeted messages to your customers. You can send promotions and discounts or recommend products to customers while you sleep. Your first 1000 pushes are free each month.